Can we help you?
We are a registered charity and operate in social entrepreneurial way to generate as much income as we can to further our charitable purpose and deliver benefits to the environment. We have developed extensive knowledge in working with communities around encouraging and fostering pro environmental behaviours and building the capacity of environmental voluntary and community groups so they can become successful organisations.
We have developed and delivered what we believe to be the largest environmental social marketing project in the UK, seeking to change behaviours utilising nudge, social marketing and DEFRA's four E's (encourage, enable, engage, exemplify) around energy and water use and their conservation.
We can support local environmental groups, particularly friends of parks groups, helping them develop effective governance, working to established good practices, raise funds, public sector liaison and other activities listed on our Help for a Group page.
Skills and experience we can bring to any project:
- Developing and running a large scale community-based social marketing project
- Using nudge principles to achieve behavioural change
- Supporting people to be change agents within their communities
- Over 11 years of experience of environmental auditing of buildings
- Our extensive database of local people and groups in Richmond and South West London
- Over 7 years supporting and building capacity of environmental, voluntary and community groups including : Collaborating and partnerships with local authorities
- business planning
- Helping local authorities support community action around environmental activities.
Please contact us if you would like to talk over any proposals with us.
We have own in a competitive process a small contract from Richmond Council. The work is to support residents to get the most out of the Council's recycling service. We have employed a team of five Recycling Advisors to help residents understand what materials can be recycled and in what containers. Materials have been added to the collection service, for example did you know that drinks cartons and tetra packs can now be recycled in the blue box? Also rigid plastic can also be recycled in the black box.
Through Richmond residents enthusatically recycling, the Council saves £3.9m per year on its waste bill.